Following please find some information about the coronavirus I though you might like to know (all based on our current understanding of the virus):
1) I recommend putting your focus on prevention, including:
2) Another aspect of prevention is to take good care of yourself right now, including:
3) Please understand that, based on what we know now, coronavirus is less dangerous than Influenza A (of which H1N1 is a sub-type), which is in our community right now. Additionally, reputable sources calculate the number of infected people actually exceeded 100,000 as of January 26th (which would drive the mortality rate down quite a lot).
4) Masks are potentially helpful in terms of limiting the spread of the virus, but not particularly effective at protecting you, if you just head to the store and buy one off the shelf for yourself.
5) The coronavirus can show up as just a sudden onset cough in an elderly person, without any fever. Additionally, many people have contracted this virus with only mild symptoms.
6) If you get sick, and you're managing okay, then stay home! If you need medical help, and have any reason to believe you have been exposed to the coronavirus, always call ahead and notify your healthcare practitioner of your circumstances.
I hope all this information puts your mind at ease, and gives you some direction in regards to how to take care of yourself!
Dr. Dielle Raymond, ND